I’ve Been Injured at Work. What am I Entitled to?

If you have sustained an injury at work, you may be entitled to:

Medical Expenses

Reasonable expenses incurred to assist in your recovery including treatment or rehabilitation from doctors, chiropractors, physiotherapists, hospital, ambulance service, etc. For further advice on expenses payable Contact Brown McComish Solicitors

Weekly Payments of Compensation

Payments paid during your incapacity and can calculated on your pre injury average weekly earnings (PIAWE). Your PIAWE is calculated on your base wage and depending on when your claim is made, can include overtime and allowances for a limited period up to a maximum of $1,800.00*

*As of July 2010 indexed annually.

Rates of payment depend on your capacity for work and will reduce over time initially being 95% of your PIAWE for 13 weeks however you may also be entitled to make up pay from your employer.

Lump Sum Permanent Impairment Claim

Depending on our level of impairment, a “no fault” lump sum payment may be payable, the amount of which is calculated depending on your date of injury and impairment percentage. Speak with Brown McComish Solicitors to discuss any rights you may have for a lump sum claim.

Common Law Claim

This involves suing your employer or another party for economic loss and pain and suffering. This procedure is very complicated and you should urgently speak with Brown McComish Solicitors to discuss your rights as Strict Time Limits Apply.